Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Blessings

I have been to that place. That hard place, the devastating situation and found myself asking, “Is there any good in this?”

Yesterday my son shared a song with me. The message of the lyrics are that the answers we receive to our prayers don’t always take the form we want them to, but we are blessed even through the hard places. I want the easy solution, the immediate healing, the comfortable way. No one wants to suffer. No mother wants to watch her child suffer.

Hard places make us grow. My flesh resists this concept, but it’s true. It is not an easy thing to stand in faith when faith is all you have.

If we had not traveled the difficult path that was destined, we would not be where we are today. I try to remember that saying, ‘You have to go through some stuff to get to where you are going.’

My son told me that he felt that our trying experiences had been a blessing to him. He said, “It makes me know what’s real, what's important.”

In the evening, when we gather together, my children and I, my sons pray for me. They pray for their father, and their siblings, for each other. I am still and listen to the voices of these men of God. Mighty men of God who live in my house.

My blessing.

Laura Story - Blessings.mp3

1 comment:

Unknown said...

We can not know joy if we have not known sorrow.
Hard lesson to learn.