Friday, September 3, 2010

Point A to Point B

Recently, I attended a lecture about writing by Allison Pittman. It was morning. There came a time when we were asked to pick up a pen and write. I had my notebook. I had two pens. But it was morning. Besides, flash writing is not something I usually do well at. And it was still morning . . . or at least it wasn't lunch time yet.

I gathered my thoughts and was about to make a mark on my paper when, at that exact moment, she said, "Your three minutes are up."

Discussion followed. I did not contribute. When she resumed her speech I was struck by her statement, "to get your writing from point A to point R . . ."

I thought to myself, "I'd be happy to get from point A to point B."

1 comment:

Angela Giles Klocke said...

Sometimes it's all about A to B, because some of us are struggling with that. R is sooooo far away!

Hang in there!