Saturday, July 17, 2010

Red Shoes

First, there was the bad news about my husband's wrist injury. It wasn't healing as fast as it should. That meant at least a few more weeks of light duty which equals less pay. The same day we received this notification, my son got a letter in the mail about his tuition. No financial aid. A few more unexpected medical bills rounded out the week. I have been, as I posted on facebook, "So stressed my toes are tense." My solution? Retail Therapy.


After I had pursued the offerings of purses and jewelry at one of my favorite stores, I turned my attentions toward creating at least one ensemble around black pants I recently acquired via the Target Daily Deal. I found a couple of tops that would work, but still was not satisfied. I headed to the shoe department. I tried on many pairs of shoes but when my poor little tense toes slipped into some unbelievably comfortable slides, I knew I had found my match. The only thing is, they were red. Then it hit me. I have never owned a pair of red shoes. So, of course, I immediately took them to the register and bought them.


Me and my toes feel much better now.

1 comment:

Patti said...

Sometimes red shoes ARE the best medicine! :)